I have been pondering on what type of post I wanted to write and I figured that this might be helpful to anyone who is looking for some everyday makeup. While I love to get glammed up once in awhile, I typically go for the everyday, natural makeup look. The only times I go out the house without any makeup is when I am running quick errands in the early morning or going to the gym. Read on to see my go-to products that I turn to when I am trying to put on a quick look.
1. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer (Full size: $31.00) – I have been using this primer for as long as I could remember. It helps to make my makeup last longer throughout the day and covers imperfections on the surface of the skin. While at first the primer is a flesh color, it becomes practically transparent when you apply it to your face, making it something that adapts to all skin tones.
2. MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Stick Foundation ($43.00; Shade: Y405) – This is one of my favorite go-to foundations because it’s easy to apply, especially when I am running out the door in a hurry. It covers blemishes and imperfections with just one swipe, and is a buildable foundation for when you want a full coverage look. I typically swipe this product across my face and then use a foundation brush to blend it in my skin. For my dry skin, it has a natural, dewy look without having to put much effort.
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28.00; Shade: Medium Dark Warm) – What can I say, this concealer is great for everyday use. It’s light, yet gives medium coverage that covers my dark circles well. I can’t say that it covers my dark circles completely when used alone. But if I have some time, I will use a color corrector underneath to conceal them even more. As with most concealers, I do have to set it with a setting powder, which I will talk about next.
4. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder ($29.00) – I absolutely love this powder. I use this powder to mainly set my concealer but I will sometimes pat it all over my face in spots that I think need it. It glides on smooth and sets a nice, matte finish without making my skin look dry.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($21.00; Shade: Dark Brown) – I have tried several brow pencils but I always keep going back to this one. This brow pencil is small and pointed, and it allows me to make precise strokes that mimic real eyebrow hairs. I have sparse eyebrows, so I love how this pencil makes them look natural. Unlike other products, the Brow Wiz is easy to apply when I am in a rush and gives me the look I need in under five minutes. For an everyday look, you cannot go wrong with this product. It is something I will continue to buy over and over again!
6. Colourpop Creme Gel Pencil in Swerve ($5.00) – I actually first received this product in an Ipsy bag and fell in love with it! The formula is creamy and very pigmented. When I am in a rush, I’ll apply to this my upper waterline so that my mascara pops a little more. Again, this is an amazing product and for only five dollars, you can’t go wrong.
7. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara (Full size: $24.00) – This is one of my favorite mascaras of all time. I have a HUGE mascara collection and I love using this one for my everyday look. My lashes are short and straight, and this product works wonders for me. It gives incredible length for an everyday wear.
8. Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush ($30.00; Shade: Something About Berry) – The packaging of this blush is not ideal for travel, but nevertheless, I love this blush. It comes with three shades, which you can use together or individually, and is very pigmented. You can get several different looks with this product, which makes it so great. It does have a little shimmer to it, which creates a nice glow to my skin. My preference is to swirl my brush across all three shades and apply lightly to my skin for the everyday look.
9. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick ($21.00; Shade: Lolita) – First, I have to say that I love the packaging of these lipsticks. I think they are absolutely gorgeous. For my everyday look, I use the shade Lolita. The formula is creamy and glides smoothly on my lips. It lasts pretty well throughout the day, but I do find myself touching up after I eat.