Most of you will find out that I am a beauty product junkie, so it’s no surprise that it doesn’t take much convincing for me to buy makeup and skincare products. I spend a lot of time watching other beauty bloggers on Youtube and I take their opinions very seriously. My knowledge of beauty products comes from me watching other beauty bloggers, going out, buying the products and testing them out for myself. Some I end of loving, others I regret buying. The following products are a few that I bought because I was heavily influenced by Youtube beauty bloggers.
1. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (Price varies) – I had really high hopes for this bronzer because it was raved about all over Youtube. After seeing such great reviews, I decided to buy it. Unfortunately, the bronzer was too light for my skin tone and didn’t show at all. The formula was buttery and the scent was amazing, but it just did nothing for me. Hopefully they will come out with darker shades because I really wanted to love and use this product. I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who has a lighter complexion and I am sure she is making use of it.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($30.00; Shade: Ginger) – This is definitely one of my favorite concealers. I don’t know why I waited so long to try it out, but I am glad that I did. For a long time, it was the only concealer I would use, and that says a lot because I am a concealer junkie. It gives full coverage, goes on smooth and does not feel heavy or cakey. It covers my dark circles, without having to use any color corrector, and also brightens the skin under my eyes. It also blends well with my skin tone. It is just one of the best concealers that I own. This is a staple in my collection, which I will repurchase every time.
3. Tangle Teezer – The Original Detangling Hairbrush ($15.00) – I have to say I was very skeptical when I first heard about this product. However, after seeing a Youtube beauty blogger rave about it several times, I decided to buy it. I have to say it is the best hairbrush that I own. I have very long and thick hair, which tangles very easily, especially after washing. You can use it with wet or dry hair, and it does exactly what it claims to do with little effort. I am so glad I bought this hairbrush – worth every penny!
4. Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette ($46.00) – This should be no surprise. I think almost every beauty blogger will agree that this is one of the best contour palettes on the market. I was very hesitant to buy this palette because of the price tag but I could not ignore all the great reviews it got from fellow beauty bloggers. It is a bit pricey, but well worth the money. It is very pigmented and blendable, and works well with all skin tones.
5. NYX Cosmetics Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer ($15.99) – Overall, this is a good product. The formula is smooth and lightweight, however, it did not do anything for my skin. This is not something I typically reach for when doing my makeup. It might work for other people, but it did not work for me.
6. PUR HydraGel Lift ($26.00) – I had really high hopes for this product after seeing Michelle on ReadySetGlamour rave about it on her channel. Like her, I have dark circles under my eyes and am always looking for ways to reduce their appearance. I am still on the fence about this product. As soon as you apply it, it feels cooling and hydrating, but I’m not sure it reduces my dark circles. I will say that it does help the dryness underneath my eyes but again, I didn’t really see any brightening or lifting.
Let me know in the comments below what you think and whether there are any products you felt compelled to buy because of a Youtube beauty blogger!